Minimum Qualifications

All student committee members must be matriculated at HSU and maintain a minimum overall on-campus 2.0 grade point average (GPA) each term and cumulative, must be in good standing and must not be on probation of any kind. Undergraduate representative must earn seven (7) semester units of credit per term while serving on a committee. Graduate and Credential representatives must earn five (5) units per term and maintain a minimum HSU cumulative and semester GPA of 3.0.

Undergraduate students are allowed to earn a maximum of 136 cumulative semester units or 125 percent of the units required for a specific baccalaureate degree objective, whichever is greater. Post-baccalaureate students are allowed to earn a maximum of 50 cumulative units or 167 percent of the units required for the graduate or credential objective, whichever is greater.

Students hold over the maximum number of cumulative units will not be eligible to be appointed to a minor representative office.

View the policy, Minimum Qualifications for Student Office Holders.